Ready-Set-Go! ~ Half Day Whitewater Rafting There is no time like the present to TAKE OFF on a trip full of fast-paced whitewater rafting action.
The trip may be compact but it is definitely not short on action! This is the perfect whitewater trip for people on a budget or time constraints. Raft top class whitewater and still fit other activities into your day!
ADULT: $115.00 + tax
YOUTH: $92.00 + tax
STUDENT: $105.00 + tax (with valid student ID)
Minimum Age: 12 years (10 in lower water levels)
Minimum Weight: 90 lbs | 41 kg
Class: II, III, and IV Rapids
Legendary Rapids: Mosh Pit, The Wall, M-87
Departs: 10 am and 2 pm
| || |
| || || |
- The trip starts at the beginning of Granite Canyon on gentle class 2 whitewater. Glance up as you quietly drift by towering canyons and cliffs of ancient lava left over from a time when the Clearwater Valley was ripe with active volcanic activity.
- The guides will do their utmost to fill your head with as much information as possible about safety as you enter the middle canyon. We describe this section as Mother Nature’s Roller Coaster!
- At the halfway mark of the trip we come up against an unrunable section of river called "the Kettle", where it is necessary for us to do a portage. All the boats and equipment are taken around by trailer but you have the opportunity for an easy 15 minute hike along the canyon to see why we can't raft it! This 500 meter section is a stunningly beautiful area of Wells Gray Park seldom seen.
- At the end of the trail we meet up with the boats and start our final leg down the lower canyon. This is the most consistent section of whitewater on the Clearwater River. With rapids like “The Wall”, “Tsunami” and “Buckaroo” it's the perfect ending to your 4 hour adventure! Towards the bottom of the canyon those with a healthy sense of adventure will have the opportunity to see what it’s like to body surf in a class 2 rapid.
Ready Set Go dishes out 14 Kilometers of pristine river, filled with whitewater that is nothing less than exhilarating. This is the perfect trip if you're looking to fit more than one adventure into your day while in Wells Gray Park. With over 36 years of experience on the Clearwater River, IWE continues to be the safe choice for you and your family.
This trip is ideal for:
- Those looking for an action-packed river rafting trip that still leaves time in your day to explore other adventures
- Rafters seeking a bit of everything; the pristine beauty of Wells Gray park, a hike along Granite Canyon, and whitewater thrills
- No experience is required.
Discover A Life Less Ordinary That’s why the Canadian Tourism Commission has created the Signature Experiences Collection® – once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences found in Canada. They show the world what Canada’s tourism brand is all about. Join us on "Ready-Set-Go" for your less than ordinary experience!
| || |