Ready-Set-Go! ~ Half Day Whitewater RaftingThere is no time like the present to TAKE OFF on a trip full of fast-paced whitewater rafting action.
Ready-Set-Go! 4 Hours The trip may be compact but it is definitely not short on action! This is the perfect whitewater trip for people on a budget or time constraints. Raft top class whitewater and still fit other activities into your day!
Going into our 34th year rafting on the Clearwater River in Wells Gray Park, Interior Whitewater proudly offers you an unparalleled raft adventure. This “get in and rip” trip offers some of the best whitewater rafting in BC. “Ready-Set- Go” gives you 14 km of Clearwater River that definitely delivers the “wow factor”.
Wells Gray Park is a wild and untouched wilderness area of over 540,000 hectares. It is currently being considered for “World Heritage Status” with UNESCO because of the unique and wild volcanic features this park has to offer. The River alone is something to behold. It is the drainage basin for the entire area of Wells Gray. Described by Richard C. Bocking in his book the “Mighty River” as one of the most dynamic tributaries of the entire Fraser River system. Clearwater River is the culmination of an incredible concentration of waterfalls, rapids, and chutes, probably the greatest in BC.
- The trip starts at the beginning of Granite Canyon on gentle class 2 whitewater. Glance up as you quietly drift by towering canyons and cliffs of ancient lava left over from a time when the Clearwater Valley was ripe with active volcanic activity.
- The guides will do their utmost to fill your head with as much information as possible about safety as you enter the start of the middle canyon. We describe this section as Mother Nature’s natural roller coaster.
- At the halfway mark of the trip we come up against an unrunable section of river called "the Kettle", where it is necessary for us to do a portage. All the boats and equipment are taken around by trailer but you have the opportunity for an easy 15 minute hike along the canyon to see why we can't raft it! This 500 meter section is a stunningly beautiful area of Wells Gray Park seldom seen.
- At the end of the trail we meet up with the boats and start our final leg down the lower canyon. This is the most consistent section of whitewater on the Clearwater River. With rapids like “The Wall”, “Tsunami” and “Buckaroo” it is the perfect ending to your 4 hour adventure! As you drift down towards the bottom of the canyon those with a healthy sense of adventure will have the opportunity to see what it’s like to body surf in a class 2 rapid.
"Ready Set Go" is a summer tradition for tourists and locals alike. It is a unique experience, unmatched in British Columbia for over 30 years.
|$109.00 + tax
$89.00 + tax (16 AND UNDER)
$99 + tax (with valid student ID)
3.5 - 4 Hours
12 years (9 in lower water levels)
90 lbs | 41 kg
II, III, & IV
Mosh Pit, The Wall, M-87
10 am and 2 pm
This trip is ideal for:
Those looking for an action-packed river rafting trip that still leaves time in your day to explore other adventures
Rafters seeking a bit of everything; the pristine beauty of Wells Gray park, a hike along Granite Canyon, and continuous whitewater thrills
- No experience is required.
Not the trip you're looking for? Check out our other offerings in our full lineup of rafting adventures.